Building custom WordPress software that helps you work more efficiently, standardize processes, and offer unique user experiences.
Exceptional WordPress Software
I live, talk, and build in WordPress. Almost everything here on Purple Turtle Creative is custom WordPress development by me!
WordPress Coding Standards
My software follows WordPress’s official coding standards to ensure source code is consistent with the rest of your WordPress system.
Fully-Documented Source Code
I thoroughly document my source code using WordPress’s PHP Documentor principles for easier code maintenance and collaboration.
Plugin & Theme Development
With diverse experience across a variety of WordPress projects, I’m able to work on everything that WordPress has to offer.
What is WordPress API integration?
“API” stands for “application programming interface”. Most well-known software services and web technologies offer an API such as Slack, Twitter, Asana, Mailchimp, Google—you name it!
An API is how a WordPress developer, such as myself, can perform actions and receive data from your other digital services. This unlocks unlimited, powerful possibilities to automate processes and personalize experiences across web technologies—including your very own WordPress website!
Here’s just a few examples of WordPress API integrations that I’ve architected and delivered:
- ✏️ Create custom WordPress posts by importing research data from Google Sheets
- ✅ Display Asana projects in WordPress posts and complete Asana tasks within the WordPress admin
- 📈 Track usage analytics and system metrics into Google Analytics from WordPress experiences
- 📹 Optimize WordPress users’ video uploads via Mux in the BuddyBoss WordPress theme
- 🛍 Tag WooCommerce (WordPress) customers in the relevant Keap CRM property
- 📲 Send direct SMS text messages to WordPress site members via Twilio
- 💬 Register new WordPress users from Facebook Messenger chat flows
- … and many more process automations and creative user experiences!
FREE WordPress Plugins
My passion is developing WordPress software that helps automate and standardize tedious processes.
Here’s the WordPress plugins that I currently offer and work on. Each one is available for free!
Completionist — Asana for WordPress
Completionist is a WordPress integration plugin for Asana, the popular task management service. It allows you to track Asana tasks throughout areas of your WordPress admin. You can also display rich content embeds of Asana projects on your WordPress website.
Despite being early in development, Completionist has gained notable attention:
- Original announcement post in the Asana Community Forum received (and continuously receives) a high number of clicks—currently 450+ clicks counted 👀
- Recognized in “The ultimate guide for doing things with Asana” by Forum Leader and Asana Partner, Bastien Siebman, in the Asana Community Forum 🌟
- Featured as the top Asana-to-WordPress integration on WP Forms in their blog post “7 Top Asana Integrations for 2021” 🏆
**Completionist by Purple Turtle Creative is not associated with Asana. Asana is a trademark and service mark of Asana, Inc., registered in the U.S. and in other countries. Learn more.
Grouped Content — Page Hierarchy Navigation
This simple WordPress plugin adds helpful navigation and reporting features for hierarchical post types, including WordPress’s native “page” type.
This plugin is available for free download in the official WordPress.org plugins directory.
Follow for Updates
To know when I publish new articles or WordPress plugin releases,
please follow Purple Turtle Creative on LinkedIn
My Technology Stack
I’ve been working passionately as a professional full-stack WordPress developer since 2017.
Throughout this time, I have specialized in WordPress customizations, data architecture, and API integrations.
Backend / Tools
… and the most popular WordPress plugins and online services!
+ many more web technologies!